Preparation and After Care
Before your appointment
If you have pets, please arrange for them to stay in an area away from where the restoration project(s) will be taking place. Unfamiliar noises, people, and movement can stress your pet, while a pet roaming free can be distracting to our technicians. If you are going to be home on the day of your appointment, you will not be able to use the areas we are occupying. Please make arrangements to work around the closures. If you are NOT going to be home on the day of your appointment, please make sure that a key is available, and leave a contact phone number.
Before the day of your service
If we are restoring your cabinets, please remove:
- all contents from drawers
- all items from countertops
- any materials on the sides of, or above, the refrigerator
- anything taped or otherwise mounted inside cabinet doors and along cabinet walls
- all area rugs from the area to be restored
If we are restoring other woodwork (trim, doors, banisters, window frames or window sills), Please remove:
- all furniture or other items within 3 to 4 feet of the area to be restored
- all curtains and blinds from the area to be restored Although your woodwork will be dry to the touch within a few hours, please allow a minimum of 24 hours “cure time” before using your kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
After-care for your woodwork (cabinets, doors, trim, etc.)
- Wait 48 hours before replacing rubber or silicone bumpers on cabinet doors or drawers
- Do not to use tape of any kind on your cabinets.
- Clean cabinets and woodwork with a sponge and mild dish detergent. Products that contain oils, such as Murphy’s Oil Soap, are not recommended, as they build up residue.